Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Creation Story Class Activity

         Last Sunday my class of sixth grade religious education students learned about the creation story from the Book of Genesis. To reinforce this lesson, I gave the students a 10-15 minute class activity based on an idea I got from a handout the teacher gave us in catechism classes I attended with my kids earlier this year. The handout was a visual of the creation story as found in "A Father Who Keeps His Promises," by Scott Hahn. 
Esther's Days of Creation Activity
         As you can see from the photo, the students were to draw, color, or use decorative stickers to indicate God's creation over a seven-day period in a compartmentalized house. I gave the students some stickers I'd purchased at the dollar store, but most were extras not needed to make Giftigami Boxes  (http://www.estherlocascio.com). The numbers indicate the day of creation, and Day 7 (Sabbath) could have stickers or drawings of recreational activities, such as camping, hiking, photography, dance, or church-related stickers such as crosses and angels.
       

Copyright ©2011 Esther Locascio. Contact the author to obtain permission for republication.


No comments:

Post a Comment