Friday, February 12, 2010

Ghosts

In a blog posted last July, I wrote that The Haunting is a fictional story with parallels to real life experiences. The book is about the possibility of ghosts. Its original title was Ebram's Story to focus on the main character and not the haunting of his house.

Last night I received a phone call from my brother, a Houston police officer who lives with his wife and kids in what was once a real haunted house in Cypress, TX and partly inspired my book. My Catholic faith teaches that ghosts aren't real but Satan and his demons are, and I tried to avoid controversy over this in my book.  More about this later...

1 comment:

  1. The 'possiblity' is the creepy part. I've never had a personal encounter with a ghost, but there have been times where strange events could have been interpreted as encounters...

    By the way, Esther, there are MANY bloggers who do book reviews (some of them with 3 or 400 followers). If you haven't already, you may want to get involved with some of them and ask the writers if they might review your book or interview you on their blog. It's a good way to get exposure. There are a few that I follow that you might want to check out to get started...

    ReplyDelete