Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Library Lounge


After much anticipation and preparation, the Big Day finally arrived when I spoke at my first book signing event! Chuck did a wonderful job creating a short slide show with sound effects on one slide. Afterwards, we got some good feedback. I'm looking forward to doing it again!

In the meantime, Chuck and I attended tonight's library lounge with guest author Jeremy Koontz. In an innovative twist, he brought digital books of his self-published work, polarBear Alpha. The books are set to music and include cut and paste pictures. His main character, Logan, even has his own blog!  Here's the website: http://www.iamaprisoner.com/.


















2 comments:

  1. Hi Esther. This is Jeremy Koontz, the author of Polar Bear, Alpha. I didn't see an email address or any way to contact you on your webpage but I did want to send you a note of appreciation for your support as a fellow author. I truly believe our work as writers is important in the grand scheme of things, and that we are supposed to do what we are created to do no matter how the world views or responds to us. It is our unique creative abilities and gifts that make us special as human beings as well as individuals. "Whatsoever thy hands find to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." - Eccl 9:10

    I currently don't have any other engagements for this month, but as I do make arrangements in the future I will keep you informed and hopefully be able to collaborate with or feature you at my next performance or event.

    I've also posted a link to the haunting on my website. I hope it's okay that I used the cover image of your book for the link. Let me know.

    If you are able to respond to this message, please send me an email (jeremyjk@hotmail.com) so I can keep you updated on forthcoming events.

    Thanks again and keep writing!

    jeremyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeremy! It was nice to meet you and Sarah last night and I couldn't agree more with your comments. Please do keep me in mind for future events and I will do the same for you. My email is estherlocascio@satx.rr.com.
    I will send an email, too.

    ReplyDelete