Monday, July 7, 2014

Marina's dad died seven years ago today. Marina is the girl friend of my youngest son, Matt. She has become part of our family and is staying with us over the summer. We've opened our hearts and home to her because she doesn't feel like she has a family.  She lost her dad eight days after her 12th birthday and hardly remembers her mom, who passed away a few years before that.

We went to the chapel at Our Lady of Guadalupe to light a candle for Marina's dad and pray a rosary for her family. As she mourned, tears rolled down her face and I wished I could lessen the pain, but all I had to offer was my love, support, and prayers.

As the day wore on I could tell that she was feeling better, and I couldn't help but think that maybe it was because she feels at home with us. I feel blessed that God has brought her into our lives and trust that he will guide us in helping fulfill his plan for her.























No comments:

Post a Comment